Monday, May 14, 2012

my favorite breakfast!!!

My favorite breakfast is oatmeal! while trying to find the healthiest alternative to your traditional boxed oatmeal I came across Irish Steel Cut Oats. You can find the quick cooking kind that boil in around 4-5 minutes. This breakfast is both filling and keeps me energized through out the day because its full of healthy carbs and fiber!

I usually use Country Choice brand, I have found that they tend to taste better. Make sure to buy quick cooking! boiling regular steel cut oats can take up to 20 minutes. These outs contain 150 calories per 1/4C docent sound like that large of a portion but trust me it is very filling once boiled.


My favorite ingrident  to add is Better n Peanut Butter! It is a natural peanut butter made with defatted peanut flour, making it only contain 100 calories per 2 tablespoons and only 20 calories of fat compared to 200 calories and 194 grams of fat in regular pent butter! This stuff is SO good! Taste just like ordinary pent butter and you can eat twice as much!



Next I add Walden Farms zero calorie chocolate syrup. It is all natural, and makes a love for chocolate acceptable when dieting or making a lifestyle change! I add about 1-2 tablespoons to my oatmeal and proton shakes.


                                    


My Recipe

1/4 C steel cut oats
1-2 tbs low sodium better n butter
1-2 tbs walden calorie free chocolate syrup
1/2 cup blueberries ir rasberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp honey


First I pour 1/4 cup of oats in a bowl and fill with about a cup of water and heat in the microwave for about 4 mins. Then I add all the ingredients and stir! and walaaa breakfast is served~~!!! sometimes I add almonds on top or use almond milk to cook them instead of water. Feel free to add what ever you like!!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment