What you'll need
- 1 cup sauteed vegetables, such as onions, spinach, zucchini, broccoli, or tomatoes, use any vegetable you love.
- 1 egg yolk and 3-4 egg whites
- salt, pepper, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper 1 tsp of each
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta or grated Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese is great to!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a smaill nonstick pan with and ovenproof handle with cooking spray or olive oil Over medium heat, add the vegetables
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and the egg whites with all the herbs you enjoy. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and move it around with a spatula until slightly solidified. Transfer the pan to the oven
3. Bake until the frittata is almost firm to the touch (approximately 15-20 minutes). Sprinkle with the cheese and bake until firm. Serve immediately.
* I like to add chicken or turkey burger as well, the directions stay the same, just cook the meat fully and add to the vegetable mixture.