Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Power Food Salad

This salad is full of healthy nutrients rich in antioxidants! It is colorful as much as it is delicious! I make this for lunch or for a healthy snack, I change up the ingredients depending on how hungry I am. Sometimes I add tuna or grilled chicken for extra protein!!




My Power Food Salad
1 -2 c spinach
1/2 blueberries
1/3 c rasberries
diced mango
1/2 avocado
1/3 chopped tomato
1 handful of walnuts or raw almonds
1/2 c feta cheese or blue cheese
1/2 c diced red pepper
1/2 c chopped red onion
1/2 c chopped cilantro
1/2 c shredded zucchini
1-2 chopped carrots
1/2 c cauliflower
1/3 cup diced cucumber
1/2 c black beans or lentils (optional)
1/2 c cooked quinoa (optional)
2 boiled eggs
1 can low sodium tuna or 3 oz chicken breast (optional)


* Mix all ingredients and top with 1 tbs olive oil, raspberry vinaigrette or lemon juice and cheese!!!
{image}


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment