Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Fitness Routine and Tips


Fitness and nutrition has become a big part of my life. I have been training for a long time and with trial and error and a lot of research I have found a steady work out plan and learned how to eat healthy and properly by myself. This hasn't been easy but I feel like I can help others improve their lifestyle and help them lose weight or just eat right if they so desire. Below I have put together  my diet plan and some of my exercise tips and routines that have really changed my life for the better. I feel energized and overall mentally and physically more fit than I have ever thought was possible. I hope these tips help you and work for you like they did for me.

Exercise is very important. I want you to try some sort of exercise routine at least 2-3 times a week. Make it fun! Be active by doing activities you enjoy. I have found that it makes being fit way less strenuous and results are much easier to achieve. Walk when you can instead of taking the train, choose the stairs over the elevator, these little things count!

If you are trying to lose weight the most important concept I found was to stay motivated!! Surround yourself by positive people, If you mess up on your diet or accidentally eat to much cake..it happens, just get up the following day and exercise a little harder, If you don't enjoy life while your trying to accomplish something, it makes it border line impossible to reach your goals.

Treat your body with respect. If you want your mind to be clean, make sure what your feeding your body is clean. You don't have to be able to afford a nutrionist to know how to eat right. I figured it out by asking questions and researching a lot!! Below is a healthy plan that I follow.

I like to eat meals 4- 6 times a day, Ive found that My metabolism is constantly kicking and I feel more satisfied feeding my body every 2.5 - 3 hours.

Morning - I quickly do a 15 minute workout to give myself energy and trick my mind before it even knows what I'm doing. This kicks up your metabolism early and starts your day off right!

Breakfast- After I work out I eat a breakfast with healthy carbs, protein and fruit. If you can incorporate  a little bit  of all the food groups at each meal and include fiber in your diet it keeps you full longer.

Meal 1 - 1/2 C - 1C Natural oats with blueberries, 1 tbs natural Peanut Butter, A dash of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of honey

Meal 2- Whey protein shake - 1 scoop of whey protein ( aids in muscle repair) mixed with fruit, Pb , almond milk, I change it up, feel free to add your favorite healthy ingredients, but try to limit the amount of sugar.

* I usually exercise for about an hour, whether it be running, kickboxing, yoga, Pilates, weightlifting, I change it up every day so i don't get bored, try to change muscle groups every other day.

Ex.) Monday - cardio  Tuesday - weights or yoga Wednesday - running, hiking  Thursday - Pilates or weights..etc. REMEMBER to take rest days! Your body needs to recover!

Meal 3- Usually consist of a vegetable and a protein ( your protein serving is the size of your fist. usually 3-4 oz) add a healthy carb such as a sweet potato or  1/2 brown rice. I love to make egg white omelets with tuna and veggies ( 4 egg whites, 1 C veggies, I can of low sodium tuna). 

Meal 4- snack on veggies with hummus, have another protein shake, Protein bar ( try Larabars there so good and actually all natural), PB and fruit on a bagel, boiled eggs, just make sure its a snack,  which means no more than 200 calories and try to make it contain protein.

Meal 5- Dinner. I usually have a vegetable and a protein. I make grilled chicken  salads toped with avocado. I love making things like eggplant lasagna or zucchini pizzas. Just make sure its the smallest meal of your day along with incorporating healthy carbs, fats, protein and veggies!

Meal 6 - If I'm still hungry at this point I'll eat veggies, or hard boiled eggs, fruit, nuts or a protein shake ( 1 scoop whey) 

This is just an example, It is a healthy plan I use to lose weight. If you are looking to maintain your weight or just eat healthier I advise adding more vegetables, proteins, fruit and healthy carbs. Woman should never consume any less than 1200 calories a day and men 1800. 

Below is my sample morning routines :

Healthy FATS are important! make sure to consume these daily! they don't make you gain weight in healthy amounts, they are vital to our health.

  • nuts and seeds
  • avocado
  • olive oil
  • peanut butter and other nut butters, natural of course
Protein - here are a few options
  • soy protein 
  • turkey 
  • salmon high in omega 3's!
  • tuna other types of fish.
  • lean chicken 
  • lean beef 
  • beans, lentils
  • eggs
Healthy carbs 
  • brown rice
  • oats
  • quinoa
  • whole grain pasta
  • wheat flour ( make sure breads or wraps are whole grain) 
  • sweet potatoes
Dairy
  • almond milk
  • low fat greek yogurt
  • low amounts of cheese
  • cottage cheese
  • low fat cream cheese
Fruits/ Veggies
  • eat as many as you'd like. Try to stick with the ones lower in sugar like berries, apples and citrus fruits. Limit your starchy vegetables like potatoes.
Final tips!
  • Make a goal and stick to it!
  • STAY AWAY FROM FAKE SUGAR = BAD = death..but really..shits bad. splenda, aspartame..NO! Stevia is good!
  • Anything that says diet is not good either..they add absurd amounts of salt and other bad things.
  • If you cant pronounce something on a label..why would you put it in you body?
  • Never get discouraged if you slip up, just start fresh the next day
  • have fun with your meals, change them up, eat pizza if you want to,  I choose one day a week to have a cheat, its all about quantity and portion control
  • Exercise is good for you! make it fun!
  • Eat from every food group!
  • Eating healthy is easier than you think, there are so many healthy delicious recipes out there, you just have to look!
  • Drink tons of tea ( green tea is my favorite, full of antioxidants) Drink 8 glasses of water a day!
  • A healthy lifestyle is a happy lifestyle, your determination and motivation can help you achieve this, believe in yourself, see a better you!
One of my favorite websites is www.bodybuilding.com. This website lets you choose a diet program, gives helpful eating tips and recipes and sets you up with realistic and healthy goals that are easy to follow!! NO CRASH DIETING HERE.

I hope you guys found this helpful! 

"If you want your life to change, your choices must change and today is the best day of your life to begin."



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment